We love kitchens. They’re the emotional (and often physical!) centers of people’s homes and, let’s be honest, it’s where the food is, which is of the utmost importance. Kitchens also have the honor of being the place in people’s homes where decor trends express themselves with the most vigor. A 1980s kitchen and a 2015 kitchen don’t look a thing alike (we thank you for that, design gods), and, boy oh boy, does a 2015 kitchen have a distinct look or what? Subway tile is in! Open shelving is in! Somehow, chalkboard walls have needled their way from the naughties into this new decade! And don’t even get us started on the recent spate of all-white kitchens where nothing spills but milk, and pets and children are angels who wouldn’t dare make a mess. While we don’t want to be prescriptive about people’s decor choices (truly) or argue that these decor moves can’t be done very, very well, we love when people branch out, try something new, and maybe, just maybe, surprise us. So, what do you think? Sound off and vote in the comments section.
· What’s the Appeal of ‘Man Caves’ and ‘She Sheds’? [Curbed]
· Renters, Homeowners: Tear Down This Wall (Decal)! [Curbed]
· The Edison Bulb: Illuminating Trend Or Overexposed Lighting? [Curbed]
· Kid-Friendly Interior Design: How Far Is Too Far? [Curbed]
· What’s Wrong With Putting a TV Above the Fireplace? [Curbed]
· Which Decor Trends Are The Most Overexposed Right Now? [Curbed]